- 1. chaff, husk, shuck, stalk, straw, stubble, plant material, plant substance
- usage: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- 2. chaff, foil
- usage: foil in thin strips; ejected into the air as a radar countermeasure
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. kid, chaff, jolly, josh, banter, tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
- usage: be silly or tease one another; "After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
All rights reserved.
See also: chaff (Dictionary)