Synonyms of changeable
- 1. mutable (vs. immutable), changeable
- usage: capable of or tending to change in form or quality or nature; "a mutable substance"; "the mutable ways of fortune"; "mutable weather patterns"; "a mutable foreign policy"
- 2. changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful, adjustable, astatic, checkered, distortable, erratic, fickle, mercurial, quicksilver(prenominal), fluid, unstable, fluid, mobile, jittering, kaleidoscopic, kaleidoscopical, mobile, open-ended, quick-change(prenominal), quick-drying, reversible, volatile, exchangeable, inconstant
- usage: such that alteration is possible; having a marked tendency to change; "changeable behavior"; "changeable moods"; "changeable prices"
- 3. changeable, uncertain, unsettled, variable (vs. invariable)
- usage: subject to change; "a changeable climate"; "the weather is uncertain"; "unsettled weather with rain and hail and sunshine coming one right after the other"
- 4. changeable, chatoyant, iridescent, shot, colorful (vs. colorless), colourful
- usage: varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles; "changeable taffeta"; "chatoyant (or shot) silk"; "a dragonfly hovered, vibrating and iridescent"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of changeable (Dictionary)