WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chaos, pandemonium, bedlam, topsy-turvydom, topsy-turvyness, confusion
- usage: a state of extreme confusion and disorder
- 2. chaos, physical phenomenon
- usage: the formless and disordered state of matter before the creation of the cosmos
- 3. Chaos
- usage: (Greek mythology) the most ancient of gods; the personification of the infinity of space preceding creation of the universe
- 4. chaos, dynamical system
- usage: (physics) a dynamical system that is extremely sensitive to its initial conditions
All rights reserved.
See also: chaos (Dictionary)