- 1. cherry, wood
- usage: wood of any of various cherry trees especially the black cherry
- 2. cherry, cherry tree, fruit tree
- usage: any of numerous trees and shrubs producing a small fleshy round fruit with a single hard stone; many also produce a valuable hardwood
- 3. cherry, edible fruit, drupe, stone fruit
- usage: a red fruit with a single hard stone
- 4. cerise, cherry, cherry red, red, redness
- usage: a red the color of ripe cherries
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. red, reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, crimson, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
All rights reserved.
See also: cherry (Dictionary)