WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling, juvenile, juvenile person
- usage: a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
- 2. child, kid, offspring, progeny, issue
- usage: a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age; "they had three children"; "they were able to send their kids to college"
- 3. child, baby, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: an immature childish person; "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived"; "stop being a baby!"
- 4. child, descendant, descendent
- usage: a member of a clan or tribe; "the children of Israel"
All rights reserved.
See also: child (Dictionary)