- 1. chill, iciness, gelidity, coldness, cold, low temperature, frigidity, frigidness
- usage: coldness due to a cold environment
- 2. frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
- 3. chill, shivering, symptom
- usage: a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
- 4. chill, pall, apprehension, apprehensiveness, dread
- usage: a sudden numbing dread
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chill, depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise
- usage: depress or discourage; "The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
- 2. cool, chill, cool down, change, alter, modify
- usage: make cool or cooler; "Chill the food"
- 3. cool, chill, cool down, change state, turn
- usage: loose heat; "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
All rights reserved.
See also: chill (Dictionary)