WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chinook, chinook wind, snow eater, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: a warm dry wind blowing down the eastern slopes of the Rockies
- 2. Chinook, Penutian
- usage: a member of an important North American Indian people who controlled the mouth of the Columbia river; they were organized into settlements rather than tribes
- 3. chinook salmon, chinook, king salmon, salmon
- usage: pink or white flesh of large Pacific salmon
- 4. Chinookan, Chinook, Penutian
- usage: a Penutian language spoken by the Chinook
- 5. chinook, chinook salmon, king salmon, quinnat salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha, salmon
- usage: large Pacific salmon valued as food; adults die after spawning
All rights reserved.
See also: chinook (Dictionary)