- 1. cheat, chisel, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud; "Who's chiseling on the side?"
- 2. cheat, rip off, chisel, victimize, victimise
- usage: deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
- 3. chisel, carve, chip at
- usage: carve with a chisel; "chisel the marble"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chiseled, well-defined, distinct (vs. indistinct)
- usage: having a clean and distinct outline as if precisely cut along the edges; "a finely chiseled nose"; "well-defined features"
All rights reserved.
See also: chiseled (Dictionary)