- 1. chop, physical phenomenon
- usage: the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide); "the boat headed into the chop"
- 2. chop, cut, cut of meat
- usage: a small cut of meat including part of a rib
- 3. chop, jaw
- usage: a jaw; "I'll hit him on the chops"
- 4. chop, chop shot, return
- usage: a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball
- 5. chop, chopper, grounder, ground ball, groundball, hopper
- usage: a grounder that bounces high in the air
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chop, chop up, cut
- usage: cut into pieces; "Chop wood"; "chop meat"
- 2. chop, move
- usage: move suddenly
- 3. chop, make, create
- usage: form or shape by chopping; "chop a hole in the ground"
- 4. chop, strike
- usage: strike sharply, as in some sports
- 5. chop, hack, cut
- usage: cut with a hacking tool
- 6. chop, strike, hit
- usage: hit sharply
All rights reserved.
See also: chop (Dictionary)