- 1. chosen, darling, favorite, favourite, pet, dearie, deary, ducky
- usage: one who is the object of choice; who is given preference; "she was Mama's chosen"
- 2. Chosen
- usage: the name for Korea as a Japanese province (1910-1945)
- 3. chosen, elect, elite, elite group
- usage: an exclusive group of people; "one of the elect who have power inside the government"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. choose, take, select, pick out, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives; "Take any one of these cards"; "Choose a good husband for your daughter"; "She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
- 2. choose, prefer, opt
- usage: select as an alternative over another; "I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"; "She opted for the job on the East coast"
- 3. choose, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: see fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way; "She chose not to attend classes and now she failed the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: chosen (Dictionary)