WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chromatic
- usage: able to refract light without spectral color separation; "chromatic lens"
- 2. chromatic (vs. diatonic)
- usage: based on a scale consisting of 12 semitones; "a chromatic scale"
- 3. chromatic (vs. achromatic), amber, brownish-yellow, yellow-brown, amber-green, amethyst, auburn, aureate, gilded, gilt, gold, golden, avocado, azure, cerulean, sky-blue, bright blue, beige, blackish-brown, blackish-red, blae, blue, bluish, blueish, bluish green, blue-green, cyan, teal, blue-lilac, bluish-lilac, blue-purple, bluish-purple, blue-violet, bluish-violet, blushful, rosy, bottle-green, bright-red, raspberry-red, bronze, bronzy, bronze-red, brown, brownish, chocolate-brown, dark-brown, brown-green, brownish-green, brown-purple, brownish-purple, buff, buff-brown, canary, canary-yellow, caramel, caramel brown, carnation, chartreuse, chestnut, chestnut-brown, coppery, copper colored, coral, coral-red, creamy, creamy-yellow, cress green, cresson, watercress, crimson-magenta, crimson-purple, crimson-yellow, dark-blue, deep-pink, deep-yellow, dull-purple, dun, earthlike, fuscous, taupe, golden-yellow, golden-brown, golden-green, grey-blue, gray-blue, greyish-blue, grayish-blue, grey-brown, gray-brown, greyish-brown, grayish-brown, grey-green, gray-green, greyish-green, grayish-green, grey-pink, gray-pink, greyish-pink, grayish-pink, green, greenish, light-green, dark-green, greenish-brown, hazel, hazel-brown, honey, jade, jade-green, khaki, lavender, lilac, lilac-colored, lavender-tinged, light-blue, pale blue, lilac-blue, violet-blue, lilac-pink, lavender-pink, violet-pink, lilac-purple, magenta, magenta pink, maroon, brownish-red, maroon-purple, mauve, mauve-blue, mauve-pink, moss green, mosstone, mousy, mousey, mouse-colored, mouselike, ocher, ochre, olive-brown, olive-drab, drab, olive, orange, orangish, orange-red, orangish-red, orange-brown, peachy, peachy-colored, peachy-coloured, peacock-blue, pea-green, pink, pinkish, pink-lavender, pinkish-lavender, pink-orange, pinkish-orange, salmon, pink-red, pink-tinged, pink-purple, pinkish-purple, powder blue, powdery-blue, purple, violet, purplish, purple-blue, purplish-blue, purple-brown, purplish-brown, purple-green, purplish-green, purple-lilac, purplish-lilac, purple-red, purplish-red, purple-tinged, purple-tinted, red, reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, crimson, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet, red-brown, reddish-brown, mahogany-red, red-lavender, reddish-lavender, reddish-pink, red-orange, reddish-orange, flame-orange, red-purple, reddisn-purple, red-violet, reddish-violet, rose, roseate, rosaceous, rose-red, rose-lilac, rose-lavender, rose-mauve, rose-purple, rosy-purple, rose-tinted, rose-tinged, russet, rust, rusty, rust-brown, rust-red, rusty-red, rusty-brown, sage, sage-green, sapphire, scarlet-crimson, scarlet-pink, sea-green, silver-blue, silvery-blue, silver-green, silvery-green, snuff, snuff-brown, mummy-brown, chukker-brown, sorrel, brownish-orange, stone, straw, sulfur-yellow, sulphur-yellow, tan, tannish, tangerine, tawny, tawny-brown, ultramarine, umber, vermilion, vermillion, cinnabar, Chinese-red, vinaceous, violet-tinged, violet-tinted, white-pink, wine-red, yellow, yellowish, xanthous, yellow-beige, yellowish-beige, yellow-green, yellow-orange, yellowish-orange, yellow-tinged, chestnut, colored#1, coloured#1, colorful
- usage: being or having or characterized by hue
All rights reserved.
See also: chromatic (Dictionary)