Synonyms of church
- 1. church, Christian church, religion, faith, organized religion
- usage: one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- 2. church, church building, place of worship, house of prayer, house of God, house of worship
- usage: a place for public (especially Christian) worship; "the church was empty"
- 3. church service, church, service, religious service, divine service
- usage: a service conducted in a house of worship; "don't be late for church"
- 4. church, body
- usage: the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church; "our church is hosting a picnic next week"
- 1. church, perform
- usage: perform a special church rite or service for; "church a woman after childbirth"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of church (Dictionary)