- 1. ciliate, ciliated protozoan, ciliophoran, protozoan, protozoon
- usage: a protozoan with a microscopic appendage extending from the surface of the cell
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ciliary, ciliate, cilial
- usage: of or relating to cilia projecting from the surface of a cell
- 2. ciliary, ciliate
- usage: of or relating to the human eyelash
- 3. ciliate, ciliated, rough (vs. smooth)
- usage: having a margin or fringe of hairlike projections
All rights reserved.
See also: ciliate (Dictionary)