- 1. cinnabar, mineral
- usage: a heavy reddish mineral consisting of mercuric sulfide; the chief source of mercury
- 2. cinnabar, cinnabar moth, Callimorpha jacobeae, arctiid, arctiid moth
- usage: large red-and-black European moth; larvae feed on leaves of ragwort; introduced into United States to control ragwort
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vermilion, vermillion, cinnabar, Chinese-red, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a vivid red to reddish-orange color
All rights reserved.
See also: cinnabar (Dictionary)