- 1. circle, ellipse, oval
- usage: ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point; "he calculated the circumference of the circle"
- 2. set, circle, band, lot, social group
- usage: an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- 3. circle, shape, form
- usage: something approximating the shape of a circle; "the chairs were arranged in a circle"
- 4. lap, circle, circuit, locomotion, travel
- usage: movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- 5. traffic circle, circle, rotary, roundabout, junction
- usage: a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island; "the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary"
- 6. R-2, Mexican valium, rophy, rope, roofy, roach, forget me drug, circle, flunitrazepan, Rohypnol
- usage: street names for flunitrazepan
- 7. circle, dress circle, seating, seats, seating room, seating area
- usage: a curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra; "they had excellent seats in the dress circle"
- 8. circle, round, rotating mechanism
- usage: any circular or rotating mechanism; "the machine punched out metal circles"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. circle, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel around something; "circle the globe"
- 2. circle, circulate, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move in circles
- 3. encircle, circle, shape, form
- usage: form a circle around; "encircle the errors"
All rights reserved.
See also: circle (Dictionary)