- 1. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer, think of, have in mind, mean
- usage: make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- 2. mention, cite, notice, acknowledge
- usage: commend; "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
- 3. reference, cite, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: refer to; "he referenced his colleagues' work"
- 4. quote, cite, repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
- usage: repeat a passage from; "He quoted the Bible to her"
- 5. quote, cite, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: refer to for illustration or proof; "He said he could quote several instances of this behavior"
- 6. adduce, abduce, cite, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: advance evidence for
- 7. summon, summons, cite, call, send for
- usage: call in an official matter, such as to attend court
All rights reserved.
See also: cite (Dictionary)