- 1. chlorine, Cl, atomic number 17, chemical element, element, gas, halogen
- usage: a common nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens; best known as a heavy yellow irritating toxic gas; used to purify water and as a bleaching agent and disinfectant; occurs naturally only as a salt (as in sea water)
- 2. centiliter, centilitre, cl, metric capacity unit
- usage: a metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth of a liter
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. one hundred fifty, 150, cl, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: being ten more than one hundred forty
All rights reserved.
See also: cl (Dictionary)