- 1. clack, clap, noise
- usage: a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
- 2. clack valve, clack, clapper valve, valve
- usage: a simple valve with a hinge on one side; allows fluid to flow in only one direction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clatter, clack, brattle, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a rattling sound; "clattering dishes"
- 2. cluck, click, clack, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
- 3. chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
All rights reserved.
See also: clack (Dictionary)