- 1. bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam, noise
- usage: a sudden very loud noise
- 2. gonorrhea, gonorrhoea, clap, venereal disease, VD, venereal infection, social disease, Cupid's itch, Cupid's disease, Venus's curse, dose, sexually transmitted disease, STD
- usage: a common venereal disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae; symptoms are painful urination and pain around the urethra
- 3. clack, clap, noise
- usage: a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clap, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put quickly or forcibly; "The judge clapped him in jail"
- 2. clap, beat, flap
- usage: cause to strike the air in flight; "The big bird clapped its wings"
- 3. applaud, clap, spat, acclaim, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- 4. clap, spat, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: clap one's hands together; "The children were clapping to the music"
- 5. clap, beat, flap
- usage: strike the air in flight; "the wings of the birds clapped loudly"
- 6. clap, hit
- usage: strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
- 7. clap, hit
- usage: strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise; "clap two boards together"
All rights reserved.
See also: clap (Dictionary)