- 1. clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, clash, crash, noise
- usage: a loud resonant repeating noise; "he could hear the clang of distant bells"
- 2. clash, friction, conflict
- usage: a state of conflict between persons
- 3. clash, conflict
- usage: a state of conflict between colors; "her dress was a disturbing clash of colors"
- 4. brush, clash, encounter, skirmish, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: a minor short-term fight
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. collide, clash, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: crash together with violent impact; "The cars collided"; "Two meteors clashed"
- 2. clash, jar, collide, conflict
- usage: be incompatible; be or come into conflict; "These colors clash"
- 3. clash, disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
- usage: disagree violently; "We clashed over the new farm policies"
All rights reserved.
See also: clash (Dictionary)