- 1. clasp, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together
- 2. clasp, clench, clutch, clutches, grasp, grip, hold, grasping, taking hold, seizing, prehension
- usage: the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clasp, grasp, hold on
- usage: hold firmly and tightly
- 2. brooch, clasp, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with or as if with a brooch
- 3. buckle, clasp, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a buckle or buckles
- 4. clasp, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: grasp firmly; "The child clasped my hands"
All rights reserved.
See also: clasp (Dictionary)