WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- 2. classify, restrict
- usage: declare unavailable, as for security reasons; "Classify these documents"
- 3. relegate, classify, assign, attribute
- usage: assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
All rights reserved.
See also: classify (Dictionary)