Synonyms of climb
- 1. ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, climb, upgrade, slope, incline, side
- usage: an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
- 2. climb, climbing, mounting, rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- usage: an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
- 3. climb, mount, rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
- usage: the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- 1. climb, climb up, mount, go up, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
- 2. climb, move
- usage: move with difficulty, by grasping
- 3. wax, mount, climb, rise, increase
- usage: go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
- 4. climb, slope, incline, pitch
- usage: slope upward; "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
- 5. climb, progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up
- usage: improve one's social status; "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
- 6. rise, go up, climb, grow
- usage: increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of climb (Dictionary)