- 1. nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off, cut
- usage: sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
- 2. trot, jog, clip, run
- usage: run at a moderately swift pace
- 3. clip, attach
- usage: attach with a clip; "clip the papers together"
- 4. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 5. clip, curtail, cut short, shorten
- usage: terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clipped, trimmed (vs. untrimmed), cut
- usage: cut or trimmed by clipping; "a handsome man with a clipped moustache"; "clipped hedges"; "close-clipped lawns"; "a clipped poodle"
- 2. clipped, short (vs. long)
- usage: (of speech) having quick short sounds; "a clipped upper-class accent"
All rights reserved.
See also: clipped (Dictionary)