WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. limiter, clipper, circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit
- usage: (electronics) a nonlinear electronic circuit whose output is limited in amplitude; used to limit the instantaneous amplitude of a waveform (to clip off the peaks of a waveform); "a limiter introduces amplitude distortion"
- 2. clipper, clipper ship, sailing vessel, sailing ship
- usage: a fast sailing ship used in former times
- 3. clipper, shears
- usage: shears for cutting grass or shrubbery (often used in the plural)
- 4. clipper, scissors, pair of scissors
- usage: scissors for cutting hair or finger nails (often used in the plural)
All rights reserved.
See also: clipper (Dictionary)