- 1. cloister, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: surround with a cloister, as of a garden
- 2. cloister, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: surround with a cloister; "cloister the garden"
- 3. cloister, isolate, insulate
- usage: seclude from the world in or as if in a cloister; "She cloistered herself in the office"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cloistered, cloistral, conventual, monastic, monastical, unworldly (vs. worldly)
- usage: of communal life sequestered from the world under religious vows
- 2. cloistered, reclusive, secluded, sequestered, private (vs. public)
- usage: providing privacy or seclusion; "the cloistered academic world of books"; "sat close together in the sequestered pergola"; "sitting under the reclusive calm of a shade tree"; "a secluded romantic spot"
All rights reserved.
See also: cloistered (Dictionary)