- 1. cupboard, closet, storage space
- usage: a small room (or recess) or cabinet used for storage space
- 2. water closet, closet, W.C., loo, toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom
- usage: a toilet in Britain
- 3. wardrobe, closet, press, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes
- 4. closet, room
- usage: a small private room for study or prayer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. closet, confine
- usage: confine to a small space, as for intensive work
All rights reserved.
See also: closet (Dictionary)