Synonyms of coat
- 1. coat, overgarment, outer garment
- usage: an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- 2. coating, coat, covering
- usage: a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
- 3. coat, pelage, hair
- usage: growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
- 1. coat, surface, cover
- usage: put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
- 2. coat, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: cover or provide with a coat
- 3. coat, cake, cover, spread over
- usage: form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of coat (Dictionary)