- 1. coat, surface, cover
- usage: put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
- 2. coat, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: cover or provide with a coat
- 3. coat, cake, cover, spread over
- usage: form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coated (vs. uncoated), backed, black-coated, glazed, oily
- usage: having a coating; covered with an outer layer or film; often used in combination; "coated paper has a smooth polished coating especially suitable for halftone printing"; "sugar-coated pills"
- 2. coated, clothed (vs. unclothed), clad
- usage: having or dressed in a coat
All rights reserved.
See also: coated (Dictionary)