WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coconut, coconut meat, food, solid food
- usage: the edible white meat of a coconut; often shredded for use in e.g. cakes and curries
- 2. coconut, cocoanut, edible nut
- usage: large hard-shelled oval nut with a fibrous husk containing thick white meat surrounding a central cavity filled (when fresh) with fluid or milk
- 3. coconut, coconut palm, coco palm, coco, cocoa palm, coconut tree, Cocos nucifera, palm, palm tree
- usage: tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics
All rights reserved.
See also: coconut (Dictionary)