Synonyms of cod
- 1. pod, cod, seedcase, husk
- usage: the vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves)
- 2. cod, codfish, saltwater fish
- usage: lean white flesh of important North Atlantic food fish; usually baked or poached
- 3. cod, codfish, gadoid, gadoid fish
- usage: major food fish of Arctic and cold-temperate waters
- 1. gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across, deceive, betray, lead astray
- usage: fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
- 2. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- 1. collect, cod, due (vs. undue)
- usage: payable by the recipient on delivery; "a collect call"; "the letter came collect"; "a COD parcel"
- 1. C.O.D., COD, cash on delivery
- usage: collecting the charges upon delivery; "mail a package C.O.D."
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cod (Dictionary)