Synonyms of code
- 1. code, codification, written communication, written language, black and white
- usage: a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- 2. code, coding system
- usage: a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
- 3. code, computer code, coding system
- usage: (computer science) the symbolic arrangement of data or instructions in a computer program or the set of such instructions
- 1. code, tag, label, mark
- usage: attach a code to; "Code the pieces with numbers so that you can identify them later"
- 2. code, encipher, cipher, cypher, encrypt, inscribe, write in code, encode
- usage: convert ordinary language into code; "We should encode the message for security reasons"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of code (Dictionary)