WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
- 2. cohere, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to form a united, orderly, and aesthetically consistent whole; "Religion can cohere social groups"
- 3. cohere, be
- usage: have internal elements or parts logically connected so that aesthetic consistency results; "the principles by which societies cohere"
All rights reserved.
See also: cohere (Dictionary)