Synonyms of coil
- 1. coil, spiral, volute, whorl, helix, structure, construction
- usage: a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
- 2. coil, whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll, round shape
- usage: a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- 3. coil, transformer
- usage: a transformer that supplies high voltage to spark plugs in a gasoline engine
- 4. coil, contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- usage: a contraceptive device placed inside a woman's womb
- 5. coil, tube, tubing
- usage: tubing that is wound in a spiral
- 6. coil, reactor
- usage: reactor consisting of a spiral of insulated wire that introduces inductance into a circuit
- 1. gyrate, spiral, coil, turn
- usage: to wind or move in a spiral course; "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action"; "black smoke coiling up into the sky"; "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
- 2. handbuild, hand-build, coil, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: make without a potter's wheel; "This famous potter hand-builds all of her vessels"
- 3. coil, loop, curl, wind, wrap, roll, twine
- usage: wind around something in coils or loops
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of coil (Dictionary)