- 1. colored person, colored, Black, Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid
- usage: a United States term for Blacks that is now considered offensive
- 1. color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in, change, alter, modify
- usage: add color to; "The child colored the drawings"; "Fall colored the trees"; "colorize black and white film"
- 2. tinge, color, colour, distort, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
- 3. color, colour, influence, act upon, work
- usage: modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
- 4. color, colour, emblazon, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with colors; "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
- 5. color, colour, gloss, apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise
- usage: give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
- 6. discolor, discolour, colour, color, change
- usage: change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful, crimson, red, reddened, red-faced, flushed, bay, bicolor, bicolour, bicolored, bicoloured, bichrome, dichromatic, black, blackened, blue-flowered, brightly-colored, brightly-coloured, buff-colored, buff-coloured, chestnut-colored, chestnut-coloured, chocolate-colored, chocolate-coloured, cinnamon colored, cinnamon coloured, cinnamon-colored, cinnamon-coloured, cinnamon-red, cream-colored, creamy-colored, creamy-white, dark-colored, dark-coloured, dusky-colored, dusky-coloured, dun-colored, dun-coloured, fawn-colored, fawn-coloured, flame-colored, flame-coloured, flesh-colored, flesh-coloured, garnet-colored, garnet-coloured, ginger, gingery, gold-colored, gold-coloured, honey-colored, honey-coloured, indigo, lead-colored, lead-coloured, liver-colored, liver, metal-colored, metal-coloured, metallic-colored, metallic-coloured, monochromatic, monochrome, monochromic, monochromous, motley, calico, multicolor, multi-color, multicolour, multi-colour, multicolored, multi-colored, multicoloured, multi-coloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured, neutral-colored, neutral-coloured, olive-colored, olive-coloured, orange-colored, orange-coloured, orange-hued, orange-flowered, pale-colored, pale-hued, pastel-colored, peach-colored, polychromatic, polychrome, polychromic, purple-flowered, red-flowered, roan, rose-colored, rosy-colored, rust-colored, silver-colored, straw-colored, straw-coloured, tawny-colored, tawny-coloured, trichromatic, trichrome, tricolor, violet-colored, violet-coloured, violet-flowered, violet-purple
- usage: having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination; "colored crepe paper"; "the film was in color"; "amber-colored heads of grain"
- 2. colored, coloured, dark, dark-skinned, non-white, black (vs. white)
- usage: having skin rich in melanin pigments; "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"; "dark-skinned peoples"
- 3. biased, colored, coloured, one-sided, slanted, partial (vs. impartial)
- usage: favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
- 4. bleached, colored, coloured, dyed, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: (used of color) artificially produced; not natural; "a bleached blonde"
All rights reserved.
See also: colored (Dictionary)