- 1. combat, armed combat, battle, conflict, fight, engagement
- usage: an engagement fought between two military forces
- 2. fight, fighting, combat, scrap, conflict, struggle, battle
- usage: the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. battle, combat, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: battle or contend against in or as if in a battle; "The Kurds are combating Iraqi troops in Northern Iraq"; "We must combat the prejudices against other races"; "they battled over the budget"
All rights reserved.
See also: combat (Dictionary)