WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contentious, combative, disputatious, disputative, litigious, argumentative (vs. unargumentative)
- usage: inclined or showing an inclination to dispute or disagree, even to engage in law suits; "a style described as abrasive and contentious"; "a disputatious lawyer"; "a litigious and acrimonious spirit"
- 2. agonistic, agonistical, combative, competitive (vs. noncompetitive), competitory
- usage: striving to overcome in argument; "a dialectical and agonistic approach"
- 3. battleful, bellicose, combative, aggressive (vs. unaggressive)
- usage: having or showing a ready disposition to fight; "bellicose young officers"; "a combative impulse"; "a contentious nature"
All rights reserved.
See also: combative (Dictionary)