Synonyms of combust
- 1. burn, combust
- usage: cause to burn or combust; "The sun burned off the fog"; "We combust coal and other fossil fuels"
- 2. erupt, ignite, catch fire, take fire, combust, conflagrate, change state, turn
- usage: start to burn or burst into flames; "Marsh gases ignited suddenly"; "The oily rags combusted spontaneously"
- 3. flip one's lid, blow up, throw a fit, hit the roof, hit the ceiling, have kittens, have a fit, combust, blow one's stack, fly off the handle, flip one's wig, lose one's temper, blow a fuse, go ballistic, rage
- usage: get very angry and fly into a rage; "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question"; "Spam makes me go ballistic"
- 4. combust, anger
- usage: cause to become violent or angry; "Riots combusted Pakistan after the U.S. air attacks on Afghanistan"
- 5. burn, combust, change state, turn
- usage: undergo combustion; "Maple wood burns well"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of combust (Dictionary)