WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commemorate, mark, observe, celebrate, keep
- usage: mark by some ceremony or observation; "The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade"
- 2. commemorate, remember
- usage: call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony; "We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
- 3. commemorate, memorialize, memorialise, immortalize, immortalise, record, remind
- usage: be or provide a memorial to a person or an event; "This sculpture commemorates the victims of the concentration camps"; "We memorialized the Dead"
All rights reserved.
See also: commemorate (Dictionary)