WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commend, praise
- usage: express approval of
- 2. commend, portray, present
- usage: present as worthy of regard, kindness, or confidence; "His paintings commend him to the artistic world"
- 3. commend, entrust, intrust, trust, confide, commit
- usage: give to in charge; "I commend my children to you"
- 4. commend, recommend, praise
- usage: express a good opinion of
- 5. commend, remember, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship; "Remember me to your wife"
All rights reserved.
See also: commend (Dictionary)