- 1. remark, comment, input, statement
- usage: a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information; "from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account"
- 2. comment, commentary, statement
- usage: a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material; "he wrote an extended comment on the proposal"
- 3. gossip, comment, scuttlebutt, report, account
- usage: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people; "the divorce caused much gossip"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comment, notice, remark, point out, note, observe, mention, remark
- usage: make or write a comment on; "he commented the paper of his colleague"
- 2. comment, explain, explicate
- usage: explain or interpret something
- 3. gloss, comment, annotate, rede, interpret
- usage: provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases; "He annotated on what his teacher had written"
All rights reserved.
See also: comment (Dictionary)