WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. perpetrate, commit, pull, act, move
- usage: perform an act, usually with a negative connotation; "perpetrate a crime"; "pull a bank robbery"
- 2. give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- 3. commit, institutionalize, institutionalise, send, charge, transfer
- usage: cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution; "After the second episode, she had to be committed"; "he was committed to prison"
- 4. entrust, intrust, trust, confide, commit, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: confer a trust upon; "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"; "I commit my soul to God"
- 5. invest, put, commit, place, spend, expend, drop
- usage: make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
- 6. commit, practice, prosecute, engage, pursue
- usage: engage in or perform; "practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
All rights reserved.
See also: commit (Dictionary)