Synonyms of commuting
- 1. commutation, commuting, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: the travel of a commuter
- 1. commute, transpose, change
- usage: exchange positions without a change in value; "These operators commute with each other"
- 2. commute, travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: travel back and forth regularly, as between one's place of work and home
- 3. permute, commute, transpose, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: change the order or arrangement of; "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
- 4. commute, convert, exchange, change, alter, modify
- usage: exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- 5. change, exchange, commute, convert, replace
- usage: exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; "Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"; "He changed his name"; "convert centimeters into inches"; "convert holdings into shares"
All rights reserved.