- 1. compact, powder compact, case
- usage: a small cosmetics case with a mirror; to be carried in a woman's purse
- 2. covenant, compact, concordat, written agreement
- usage: a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action
- 3. compact, compact car, car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- usage: a small and economical car
- 1. compact, pack, be
- usage: have the property of being packable or of compacting easily; "This powder compacts easily"; "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- 2. pack, bundle, wad, compact, arrange, set up
- usage: compress into a wad; "wad paper into the box"
- 3. compress, compact, pack together, wedge, squeeze, force
- usage: make more compact by or as if by pressing; "compress the data"
- 4. compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press, tighten
- usage: squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compact (vs. loose), clayey, cloggy, heavy, close-packed, consolidated, impacted, wedged, packed, serried, tight, concentrated
- usage: closely and firmly united or packed together; "compact soil"; "compact clusters of flowers"
- 2. compact, heavyset, stocky, thick, thickset, short (vs. tall), little
- usage: having a short and solid form or stature; "a wrestler of compact build"; "he was tall and heavyset"; "stocky legs"; "a thickset young man"
- 3. compendious, compact, succinct, summary, concise (vs. prolix)
- usage: briefly giving the gist of something; "a short and compendious book"; "a compact style is brief and pithy"; "succinct comparisons"; "a summary formulation of a wide-ranging subject"
All rights reserved.
See also: compact (Dictionary)