Synonyms of competent
- 1. competent (vs. incompetent), able, capable, effective, efficient, workmanlike, capable, efficient, qualified, skilled
- usage: properly or sufficiently qualified or capable or efficient; "a competent typist"
- 2. competent, adequate (vs. inadequate), equal
- usage: adequate for the purpose; "a competent performance"
- 3. competent (vs. incompetent)
- usage: legally qualified or sufficient; "a competent court"; "competent testimony"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of competent (Dictionary)