WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. competitive (vs. noncompetitive), competitory, agonistic, agonistical, combative, emulous, rivalrous, matched
- usage: involving competition or competitiveness; "competitive games"; "to improve one's competitive position"
- 2. competitive, free-enterprise(prenominal), private-enterprise(prenominal), capitalistic (vs. socialistic), capitalist
- usage: subscribing to capitalistic competition
- 3. competitive, militant, aggressive (vs. unaggressive)
- usage: showing a fighting disposition; "highly competitive sales representative"; "militant in fighting for better wages for workers"; "his self-assertive and ubiquitous energy"
All rights reserved.
See also: competitive (Dictionary)