Synonyms of complement
- 1. complement, construction, grammatical construction, expression
- usage: a word or phrase used to complete a grammatical construction
- 2. complement, count
- usage: a complete number or quantity; "a full complement"
- 3. complement, full complement, work force, workforce, manpower, hands, men
- usage: number needed to make up a whole force; "a full complement of workers"
- 4. complement, accompaniment, adjunct
- usage: something added to complete or embellish or make perfect; "a fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner"; "wild rice was served as an accompaniment to the main dish"
- 5. complement, enzyme
- usage: one of a series of enzymes in the blood serum that are part of the immune response
- 6. complement, counterpart, opposite number, vis-a-vis
- usage: either of two parts that mutually complete each other
- 1. complement, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: make complete or perfect; supply what is wanting or form the complement to; "I need some pepper to complement the sweet touch in the soup"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of complement (Dictionary)