- 1. complementary color, complementary, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: either one of two chromatic colors that when mixed together give white (in the case of lights) or grey (in the case of pigments); "yellow and blue are complementaries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. complementary, antonymous (vs. synonymous)
- usage: of words or propositions so related that each is the negation of the other; "`male' and `female' are complementary terms"
- 2. complemental, complementary, completing, additive (vs. subtractive)
- usage: acting as or providing a complement (something that completes the whole)
All rights reserved.
See also: complementary (Dictionary)