- 1. compress, compact, pack together, wedge, squeeze, force
- usage: make more compact by or as if by pressing; "compress the data"
- 2. compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press, tighten
- usage: squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compressed, tight, closed (vs. open), shut
- usage: pressed tightly together; "with lips compressed"
- 2. compressed, compressible (vs. incompressible)
- usage: reduced in volume by pressure; "compressed air"
- 3. compressed, flat, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
All rights reserved.
See also: compressed (Dictionary)