WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concede, profess, confess, admit, acknowledge
- usage: admit (to a wrongdoing); "She confessed that she had taken the money"
- 2. concede, yield, grant, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
- 3. concede, yield, cede, grant, give
- usage: give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- 4. concede, surrender, give up
- usage: acknowledge defeat; "The candidate conceded after enough votes had come in to show that he would lose"
All rights reserved.
See also: concede (Dictionary)